From the FACEBOOK Link for 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.
March 1rst ~ favorite female ancestor , how you are drawn to or want to learn more about. Any key facts you have already learned or what you would like to learn. What are the goals you have and potential sources you plan to check.
I really can't say I have a Favorite Female Ancestor, they are all favorites to me. The one which I have been focused on in the last few days would be my grandma Winnie. She was a big part of my life on my dad's side of the family. I remember when at her house she would let me play with her small little nick nacks...the little baby in the rocking chair, the TV which had salt and pepper shakers in it.. Sleeping on the fold out couch bed in the front room of her home. The two Toy Poople dogs always barking (grandma and grandpa's kids as they would call them)
Last year I learned through (and by accident) that grandma and her siblings were in the Masonic Home for several years as children as found on the 1930 census. Still need to find out more details. Do know the reason for the siblings being there, times were hard on their mom after the husband / father died and Great grandma wasn't able to take care of the kids. Beings the great grandparents were Masons / Eastern Star members, the kids were taken in.
Then there was the mystery of grandma's first name~she was known as Winnie all my life. Do have proof on several documents now in my tree that her first name is WINIFRED...found on both my father's birth record, and grandparents marriage record.
AND....for the middle name, well this is somewhat of a mystery...some in the family, me included , thought the name was Gaunita...have sent away for grandma's SS application and this will hopefull shade some light on this matter. So till then, we wait!
- December (1)
- November (1)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- Diseases of the Past (1800-1920) - Genealogy
- Social Security # Application for Mayme Marsh
- Baltic Sea letter in a bottle found 24 years later...
- where did the 1890 Census go?
- Old Occupations
- 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Movies
- BOOK MARKS for Genealogy
- Count down to Vacation 2011
- SEASON #1 Who Do You Think You Are
- Ideas from the GEM Lady!
- TIME LINE 4 James Ray SARGENT 1933-2005
- State Archives
- Genealogy Tip of the Day: Search for Name Abbrevia...
- Facebook for Genealogists Cheat Sheet | High-Defin...
- National Women’s History Month day 9
- National Women’s History Month day 3
- HONORABLE DISCHARGED
- relatively curious about genealogy: Approaching yo...
- National Women’s History Month day 2
- Only on FOX6: Find out how to discover your family...
- National Women’s History Month
- February (4)
- January (5)