comes from list on FACEBOOK Link for 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.
March 9 — Take a family document (baptismal certificate, passenger list, naturalization petition, etc.) and write a brief narrative using the information
Magic Wand portable scanner
Got my parents "CERTIFICATE of REGISTRY of MARRIAGE" showing this was the first marriage with both of them. Dad being from Indiana and Mom coming from Illinois. They list the same address (*wonder if they were living together before getting married~scandless, and kept quite back in those days of early 50's) in Hollywood. Along with one straignten out fact for me of being told my parents were married in Ventura County, when this document shows the marriage took place in Los Angeles county California.
Two surpring fact on this document comes from who the witness was and the spelling of the maiden name of grandma Winnie! Her last name is spelled JUSTICE , not Justus. Am still waiting for grandma's SS application to see what the spelling is.
Clarence Young aka my uncle Pete was the witness. I already knew that he and dad were both on the same ship in the navy. Will be calling Uncle Pete to talk to him about this.
*just got off phone with Uncle Pete (march 9th 10:30 am) and he remember this. As for the address, this was where both mom and her sister Dagmar lived~uncle Pete's soon to be wife, they got married later the same month and by the same minister in Ventura. Was told that was when my parents moved to San Diego county, Calif.
This document shows the ages of both my parents , but not birth info ....so any REAL info on dad's actual age is "unknown'. Any middle names of both sets of grandparents have been kept off this paper as well. Dad's parents are both from Indiana and mom's were from Sweden.
The county clerk was Harold J. Ostly and this document was subscribed and sworn before him on Dec 3, 1952 With the license issued on the same day, filed on Dec. 8, 1952 in Los Angeles County.
Another fact to come of this is the actual date of marriage~Dec. 5th 1952~not the 6th as I thought. Can't read the writing of the place they were married at, but were married by a Methistist Minister in VENTURA county~ there is where the mix up I have been having. The license was taken out in Los
Angeles County but they got married in Ventura County.
- Diseases of the Past (1800-1920) - Genealogy
- Social Security # Application for Mayme Marsh
- Baltic Sea letter in a bottle found 24 years later...
- where did the 1890 Census go?
- Old Occupations
- 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Movies
- BOOK MARKS for Genealogy
- Count down to Vacation 2011
- SEASON #1 Who Do You Think You Are
- Ideas from the GEM Lady!
- TIME LINE 4 James Ray SARGENT 1933-2005
- State Archives
- Genealogy Tip of the Day: Search for Name Abbrevia...
- Facebook for Genealogists Cheat Sheet | High-Defin...
- National Women’s History Month day 9
- National Women’s History Month day 3
- HONORABLE DISCHARGED
- relatively curious about genealogy: Approaching yo...
- National Women’s History Month day 2
- Only on FOX6: Find out how to discover your family...
- National Women’s History Month
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 10 (47)