SurName

  • SARGENT, Andree, Justus, Heacock, Adkins, Skeen, Waggoner,Darby, Lea, Gold
  • JUSTUS, Marsh, Casper, Mizer
  • HEACOCK, Luttrell, Corn, Phillips, Thomas , Roberts, Till, Cox, Turner, Keene
  • ADKINS,Williams, Mahan, Lynch
  • SKEEN, Percyfield, Boyd, Thomas, Roberson

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finding family members

In my case, this is a female family member. I had spoken to my brother in Calif the other day and asked about the kids of our father's sister Jodie. He hadn't seen them since when his oldest was just walking, which is now been several years.

So once I got off the phone , went online to classmates.com , found the high school they went to and started looking through the 10yr set of time which I knew one of the kids had to have gone there. One hit came up with Cheryl and a different name, so taking this new info, I head over to MY SPACE.com, looking for the new last name. This gave me only one in the search , luckily it was the one , which I determined it was by looking through the photos posted. (update 03/2015) not active on classmates and MySpace any more...most have moved over to Facebook.  Click my WikiTree button on the left and check the profiles I listed

Next step was to send a message by way of MySpace in hopes the girl will respond. Would love to share the family tree with her , the others as well.

This search also gave me the answer to why I could not find Uncle Joe in Ariz anymore. Next one will be Paula , who's married name is also known and with the mailing address, should hopefully be hearing from soon. Now Kay is the one I will need help with, don't know anything as far as married name, but do know she and I share the same birth day, tho born years apart.

UPDATE
5/7/09
Talked with Cheryl last week and had a nice conversation with her. Caught up on what has been happening and with the other family members. She and I are now on each others friends list on one of the Social Networks. She now has the honor spot of FAMILY in my yahoo address book. Cheryl is now part of my list on ancestry (update 03/2015 No longer using yahoo...am Gmailing everything)

This is getting to be so much fun, wish I had started this project years ago. Not only do you learn about those from your past but can reconnect with those you grew up with as well as those who grew up with the 2 or 3 generation of your tree.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for a blog! I'm also into genealogy, along with all my other interests. Isn't it great that social networking sites can be so helpful in this area - I wouldn't have thought of searching there.
    by the way, thanks for stopping by my blog as well- I'm putting yours on my blog's home page as one I follow.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the list is still growing by leaps and bounds! I agree, social networks have really been helpful in ways of communication with others.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics